Today, at 11:00am, the entire SBS product team crowded into the Ship-room conference room (most likely a fire violation) to sign-off and celebrate the release of Windows SBS 2008 to the wild. After 3-4 years of sold work on the product, it's time to set it free, time to let it run in the wild.
This has been a HUGE release for this team, of which the following things were accomplished:
- The team integrated not only across team, but across time zones (China, India, United Kindom, etc)
- The team integrated multiple companies (OEMs, Domain name providers, etc)
- The team released 2 private betas, 2 public betas and 2 release candidates
- The team processed over 2000 pieces of feedback from the community betas
- The team doubled in size
- The team continued to fully support SBS 2003, while building a new product, SBS 2008
- The team dunked our Product Unit Manager in whip-cream.
This is a huge milestone for the product team, we are very proud to reach this point, and we are excited to give you Windows Small Business Server 2008!