There has been quite a few questions regarding Windows Server 2003 SP1 and it’s support on Windows Small Business Server 2003: I hope this post will clear up any of the confusion here. As always, if you have immediate questions, please feel free to ask them here and I will attempt to answer your questions as best I can.
Windows Server 2003 SP1 is supported on Windows Small Business Server 2003, but there are some known integration issues that are resolved in the Small Business Server SP1 (available within the next 60 days). With the Windows Server SP1 installed, you may encounter the known issues and our recommendation is to:
- Be patient with the issue and wait for Windows Small Business Server 2003 SP1
- Un-install Windows Server 2003 SP1, and wait for Windows Small Business Server 2003 SP1, which includes Windows Server SP1
Furthermore, a KB Article will be written to further address these issues, and I will follow up when the link to the KB when it is available.
In the mean time here is the short list of the known issues:
- Remote Access Wizard hangs when creating the connection manager package
- Small Business Server Change IP tool will fail
- Change IP tool will continue to fail after un-install of WS SP1
- Workaround: Remove WS SP1, disable DHCP, re-run CEICW
- Power Users retain SharePoint Administration privileges even after the role is changed to Reader
- Re-Install of Exchange fails
- Re-Install of Intranet component fails
- Fax Services won’t start and the Fax Configuration Wizard cannot be run after un-installing Windows Server SP1
- DHCP service may not start after a restore
Please let me know if you have any further questions