There are two important times to look back, and the both have different ways of approaching them.
- When there was a clear service failure, it's important to figure out what happened, and how to prevent it from happening again.
- When finishing a long running (3-5 month) process or project, extracting the learnings from that to apply to future projects.
|Sticky Notes are your Friend|
- 5 mins - Introduction and adding prepared 1-3 pros and cons to separate sticky notes
- 10 mins - Team sorting of all the sticky notes on a wall/whiteboard and grouping similar items together, prioritizing the team top 1-3 pros and cons
- 15 mins - Discuss what went well (the pros), and why we should continue doing those top 1-3 items as agreed by the team
- 30 mins - Discuss the top 1-3 items that could have gone better, what can be done to address them, assign action items to people to track resolution