If you’re looking to migrate to Windows Small Business Server 2011, and aren’t completely sure where to get started, you have your choice of migration options from Microsoft.
The migration solutions provided are well documented and tested by Microsoft, but do require extra hardware, and do require you to change the computer name of your server. Additionally, these migration whitepapers are free of charge for you to use.
- Migrate to Windows Small Business Server 2011 Standard from Windows Small Business Server 2003
- Migrate to Windows Small Business Server 2011 Standard from Windows Small Business Server 2008
- Migrate Windows Small Business Server 2011 Standard to new hardware
- Move all SharePoint Foundation 2010 databases for Windows SBS 2011 Standard to another server
- Migrating Windows SBS 2003 to Windows SBS 2011 Essentials
- Migrating Windows SBS 2011 Essentials to New Hardware
There are other solutions that you can choose such as the Swing Migration, which at an additional fee you can get a customized migration paper, and access to the Swing migration forums. Both are valuable resources and you need to determine which is best for your customer’s business. Both solutions get you from point A to point B, the better place on SBS 2011 Essentials or Standard