If you’re using Forefront Security for Exchange with Small Business Server 2008, and you somehow managed to erase all of the scheduled tasks, you may also notice that Forefront never updates itself automatically, this is because the scheduled tasks kick off the updates.
Before you do anything, you should make sure follow the Forefront Security for Exchange Repair Document. If that still fails, you can re-import the Forefront scheduled tasks by downloading this ZIP file of XML tasks that were exported from a working SBS 2008 Server.
Here is what you need to do:
- Un-Zip the files to the desktop of the server
- Click Start and then point at Administrative Tools and click Task Scheduler.
- Agree to the UAC prompt
- Ensure Task Scheduler Library is selected in the left tree view and then right-click in the white space of the list view and choose Import Task …
- In the window that opens, select the the first XML file on the desktop and click Open.
- Verify the Settings in the Create Task dialog that opens and click OK.
- Repeat for all 11 Tasks
Now you should receive updates automatically for Forefront Security for Exchange. Thanks to a Canadian SBS Partner, Andrew, for figuring this out!